otPlease sign the online petition for your minister to support the call for reform of EFSA’s GM food approvals at the Environment Council this Thursday 4 December 2008:http://www.greenpeace.org/international/campaigns/genetic-engineering/take-action/Helpchangetheundecided/
Help change the "undecided"
Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Malta, and Slovakia – These governments are being lobbied by the agro-chemical industry and pro-GMO politicians like EU Commission President Barroso to weaken the GMO risk assessment system in Europe. Their votes on 4 December are crucial, which is why we need them to resist the tactics of the pro-GMO lobby.
Some ministers are showing symptoms of the "Monsantosis virus":
- Memory loss relating to the precautionary principle;
- Hearing problems muffling the voices of the vast majority of EU citizens who overwhelmingly reject the use of GMOs in agriculture;
- Blurring of vision when presented with scientific evidence exposing health and environmental problems - caused by GMOs;
- Reported loss of ability to act in a democratic and transparent manner.
- Proven inability to perform risk management roles, relying exclusively on the always positive opinions of the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA);
- Loss of mental alertness, falling for untrue claims made by agro-chemical companies such as stating that -GMOs have higher yields, can provide a solution to climate change and mitigate hunger. Will you write them a prescription, for their own health and the health of the planet:
See text of your letter by clicking the link above, sign and send.