Friday 31 October 2008

Cultural Cord - "Kulturstrick"






Following the competition "tie and tie pin" the exhibition "Kulturstrick" opened on 19th October in the Handwerksmuseum Deggendorf in Germany, and I’m delighted that one of my ties, for which I used one of my patterns, is amongst the exhibits. “Kulturstrick” means “cultural cord”.

Whilst I was in Germany at the time of the opening, family commitments made it impossible to visit the exhibition, but I received the accompanying catalogue - featuring all exhibits - in the last days, and I’m impressed by the diversity and ingenuity of the works. I’m also impressed by the way this competition and exhibition was organised.

“Fashion history at the neck of man” is a twin exhibition held at the same time in the Stadtmuseum Deggendorf, and various accompanying events are organised in the museum and town. For more information please see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment